VILLAGE OF NORTH BEND
21 TAYLOR AVENUE, NORTH BEND, OHIO 45052
August 26, 2013
Council Meeting was called to order at 7:00 P.M. by Mayor Sammons.
Mayor: Mr. Sammons
Law Director: Mr. Reichert
Fiscal Officer: Mr. Sullivan
Councilpersons: Mrs. Romweber, Mr. Moorman, Mr. Hartoin
Mr. Nunnery, Mr. Welch, Mr. Boll
MAYOR’S OPENING STATEMENT
Mayor Sammons said there will be two (2) levies on the ballot in November. 1) Issue for Gas Aggregation and 2) Levy for Fire/EMS Emergency Services currently at 1mill plus $15,000 for Fire and proposed 2.29 mills to cover Fire/EMS for a total of approximately $80,000, an approximate $30,000 increase. This is needed due to expenses connected with Fire and EMS and the cuts in local government funds. There is a contract in place for 1mill plus $15,000 thru 2018. Please call the Mayor or the members of council with any additional questions.
Ron Nunnery moved that the July 29, 2013 Minutes be accepted. Ron Hartoin seconded the motion. Motion carried 100%.
The Treasurer’s Report is attached.
Mr. Reichert will present Council with a Resolution under the Finance Committee Section to establish a CAP fund for the Shady Lane Project.
PAY THE BILLS
Bill Welch made motion to pay the bills. Fran Romweber seconded the motion. Motion carried 100%.
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR’S REPORT
See Attached Report
Fran Romweber asked a question about the car wash sign at Shady Lane and US 50. The letters on the sign are all jumbled and need to be cleaned up or removed. Rick will follow up with TLC car wash.
Ron Hartoin made a motion to spend $6,650 on storage building renovations. Bill Welch seconded the motion. Motion carried 100%. Jim Reichert will provide a Resolution and it will be numbered and sent to us.
Minutes, August 26, 2013
Sgt. Daugherty stated there were sixty (60) calls in July. Six (6) cases were assigned to criminal investigation and two (2) were closed. There were two (2) OVIs.
Mayor Sammons reviewed the latest Neighborhood Watch Meeting and asked if North Bend could be informed of crime incidents in Cleves and Addyston also.
No Guests were scheduled.
Chief Ober stated there were no fire runs in July. There were fourteen (14) EMS runs.
The hydrants’ maintenance continues.
THREE RIVERS SCHOOL DISTRICT
A new date has been set for the auction of items in Taylor High School. It will now take place on Saturday, September 21. No one attended from the Three Rivers School District.
Mayor Sammons commented on the excellence of the new school. School starts September 9th.
Finance - Mr. Welch
Bill Welch met with Rick Schultz and will present a formal report on how to best determine the long term budget for street repairs in September.
Light, Water and Sewer - Mr. Nunnery
Maintenance - Mr. Hartoin
See Maintenance Supervisor’s Report section.
Police & Fire - Mr. Boll
There will be a Neighborhood Watch Meeting at Council Hall on Thursday, October 24th at 7:00p.m.
Mayor Sammons recommended citizens attend this meeting as the crime level is increasing.
Planning & Zoning - Mrs. Romweber
Law & Ordinance - Mr. Moorman
1) The Law and Ordinance Committee met to discuss mowing ordinances. Dave Moorman recommended three (3) readings of proposed ordinance and posted the first reading. The document is available on the website.
2) False Alarms – In July, Sgt. Daugherty recommended the Village consider an ordinance to prevent excessive alarm calls. It has been looked into by the Law and Ordinance Committee and their recommendation is an ordinance is not currently needed.
Minutes, August 26, 2013
Law and Ordinance, Continued,
3) Residential Rental Property Permits – There are still a number of properties that have not met the requirements listed in the Ordinance as of August 15th. (90 days after adopting Ordinance) Forty-two (42) of the fifty-one (51) remaining units are being actively inspected at this time. Nine (9) units have made no effort and follow-up is recommended by Dave Moorman under the terms of the Ordinance. Any action taken by the Code Enforcer will be reviewed by Dave Moorman prior to executing such action.
Beautification – Mrs. Romweber
Fran Romweber reviewed the progress of the “We Thrive” grant. North Bend has been granted $3,750.00 contingent upon filling four (4) criteria by October 17th. This money will be used as seed money to provide a playground/ basketball court next to the Council Hall. More grant money will be applied for. The next We Thrive “Wellness Committee” meeting is September 28th at 10:00a.m. The Mayor urged all council to attend.
COUNCIL OLD BUSINESS
LAW DIRECTOR’S OLD BUSINESS
1) The need for St. Annes’ Drive repairs was discussed and Resolution 2013-23 Authorizing Mayor to Enter into a Contract with Holmes Blacktop for St. Annes Drive Repairs was motioned by Bill Welch and seconded by Fran Romweber. Motion carried 100%.
2) Jim Reichert asked if Council is going to make proposals regarding sidewalk repairs. Dave Moorman recommended using Dick Weber to observe and report on sidewalk conditions. Dave Moorman will follow-up with Dick. Bill Welch also will start noting sidewalk conditions while bike riding and also, citizens should report issues to the Village office. The Symmes Street owner has been notified and Tim Boll will follow-up.
3) A report on amendments to the grass mowing ordinance was discussed under the Law and Ordinance section.
4) A report on the status of an Ordinance assessing property owners for excessive emergency runs was discussed under Law and Ordinance section.
5) Fire/Life Squad/EMS Resolution for placement on November ballot was filed with the Board of Elections on August 6th.
6) The status of self-inspection compliance for residential rental permits was discussed under the Law and Ordinance section.
7) The Wayne Manufacturing bankruptcy trustee (Christmas decorations) has advised that North Bend will receive “some” money as a result of our claim; but not before April, 2014.
MAYOR’S OLD BUSINESS
Our Council Meeting in November will be held November 18th at 7:00p.m.
COUNCIL’S NEW BUSINESS
Minutes 26, 2013
LAW DIRECTOR’S NEW BUSINESS
1) Resolution for Renovation of Storage Building is under Maintenance Supervisor section.
2) Resolution No. 2013-21 Authorizing the Mayor to Submit SCIP Grant Applications for fiscal Year 2014… was motioned by Bill Welch and seconded by Tim Boll. Motion carried 100%.
3) The Community Wellness Resolution for the We Thrive Grant was discussed under the Beautification section.
4) Resolution No. 2013-22 Establishing Fund #4905 for the Shady Lane Road Rehabilitation Project was motioned by Bill Welch and seconded by Fran Romweber. Motion carried 100%.
5) Ordinance Amending Section 301.05 for (Weeds) and Section 1300.03 for (Weeds Required To Be Cut)…please see Law and Ordinance Section.
MAYOR’S NEW BUSINESS/REPORT
OPEN TO THE FLOOR
Margaret Knapp asked about Hamilton County Building Permits requiring core drilling. Mayor Sammons believes this is covered by the permit process when the county issues a permit. Mrs. Knapp is asking who would be responsible if a house slips after a permit was issued and no core drilling was done. Mr. Reichert said North Bend defers to the Hamilton County Building Department for all building permit issues as North Bend has no building department.
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ANNOUNCEMENTS, COMMENTS
MAYOR’S FINAL COMMENTS
Bill Welch made motion to adjourn the meeting. Ron Nunnery seconded the motion. Motion carried 100%. Meeting was adjourned at 8:17p.m.
Fiscal Officer Mayor
Minutes, August 26, 2013
| January 2012 | February 2012 | March 2012 | April 2012 | May 2012 | June 2012 | July 2012 | August 2012 | September 2012 | October 2012 | November 2012 | December 2012 | January 2013 | February 2013 | March 2013 | April 2013 | May 2013 | June 2013 | July 2013 | August 2013 | September 2013 | October 2013 | November 2013 | December 2013 | January 2014 | February 2014 | March 2014 | April 2014 | May 2014 | June 2014 | July 2014 | August 2014 | September 2014 | October 2014 | November 2014 | December 2014 | January 2015 | February 2015 | March 2015 | April 2015 | May 2015 | June 2015 | July 2015 | August 2015 | September 2015 | October 2015 | November 2015 | December 2015 | January 2016 | February 2016 | March 2016 | April 2016 | May 2016 | June 2016 | July 2016 | August 2016 | September 2016 | October 2016 | November 2016 | December 2016 | January 2017 | February 2017 | March 2017 | April 2017 | May 2017 | June 2017 | July 2017 | August 2017 | September 2017 | October 2017 | November 2017 | December 2017 | 2017 State of the Village | January 2018 | February 2018 | March 2018 | April 2018 | May 2018 | June 2018 | July 2018 | August 2018 | September 2018 | October 2018 | November 2018 | December 2018 | January 2019 | February 2019 | March 2019 | April 2019 | May 2019 | June 2019 | July 2019 | August 2019 | September 2019 | October 2019 | November 2019 | December 2019 |
| Voting | Village Demographics | HIP Program | Building and Zoning | Minutes | Future Use | Trash Collection, Recycling | Police services | Fire and Emergency Services | Picture Gallery Page 1 | Village Officials | Important Phone Numbers | Airport Noise Complaints | State Officials | Harrison Birthday '08 | Storm Pictures | Harrison Birthday '09 | Village Ordinances | |
| Return Home | Village Of North Bend | Hamilton County Government | Great Links | Contact Us |